Penalties For A Utah Hvo Enhancement
If a person is convicted in Utah of a violent felony by plea or by verdict and the trier of fact determines beyond a reasonable doubt that the person is a habitual violent offender under this section, the penalty for a:
- third degree felony is as if the conviction were for a first degree felony;
- second degree felony is as if the conviction were for a first degree felony; or
- first degree felony remains the penalty for a first degree penalty except:
- the convicted person is not eligible for probation; and
- the Board of Pardons and Parole shall consider that the convicted person is a habitual violent offender as an aggravating factor in determining the length of incarceration.
Call Now To Schedule Your Consultation