Money Laundering Under Utah Code § 76-10-1903
Under this code, a person is guilty of money laundering if he or she:
- transports, receives, or acquires the property which are the proceeds of specified unlawful activity with the knowledge that the property represents the proceeds of some type of illegal activity;
- makes proceeds of unlawful activity availably by another transaction, transportation, or other means, with the knowledge that the proceeds are intended to be used for the purpose of furthering illegal activities;
- conducts a transaction with the knowledge that the property involved represents the proceeds of some type of unlawful activity with the intent:
- To promote the unlawful activity;
- Conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, ownership, or control of the property; or
- Avoid transaction reporting requirements under federal law.
- knowingly receive property which is understood to be proceeds of unlawful activity.
Call Now To Schedule Your Consultation