Sex crime convictions can affect a person’s life years after sentencing was successfully completed. Even false or exaggerated accusations can result in convictions with lasting consequences. With the widespread use of background checks and Sex Offender Registry requirements, this can even affect employment and housing opportunities. Make sure that you are fighting hard to combat the charges in order to avoid the consequences of a conviction.
Sex crime is a broad category that encompasses many specific crimes, including:
- Unlawful Sexual Activity With A Minor
- Sexual Abuse Of A Minor
- Rape Of A Child
- Object Rape
- Forcible Sodomy
- Sodomy On A Child
- Forcible Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Abuse Of A Child
- Aggravated Sexual Abuse Of A Child
- Sexual Assault / Battery
- Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Custodial Sexual Misconduct
- Sexual Exploitation Of A Minor
The information on this website is intended to help you learn more about the penalties and sentencing related to each individual offense. However, this is general information and should not be taken as legal advice. It is not a substitute for an attorney/client relationship. A criminal defense attorney can help you understand the charges you face and present you with favorable defense strategies based on your unique situation.
Salt Lake City Sex Crime Defense Attorney
As a Salt Lake City defense attorney, Darren M. Levitt represents men, women, and youth facing sex crime related charges. He understands that any alleged criminal offense, especially for a sex crime, is rarely straightforward. Constitutional right violations, improper investigation procedures, exaggeration or false accusations can be used to your benefit and create a solid defense strategy.
It’s important to consider your legal options after being charged with a sex crime in Utah. Call (801) 828-2732 or send an online message to learn more. During your free, no-obligation consultation, you will learn about the Utah criminal justice process for sex related offenses and the most favorable paths to take. However, it’s best to seek legal counsel as soon after the initial arrest as possible. While you are waiting to act, the prosecution and investigators are building a case against you.
Utah Sex Crime Information Center
- Rape Under Utah Code § 76-5-402
- Rape Of A Child Under Utah Code § 76-5-402.1
- Unlawful Sexual Activity With A Minor Under Utah Code §76-5-401
- Sexual Abuse Of A Minor Under Utah Code § 76-5-401.1
- Forcible Sexual Abuse Under Utah Code § 76-5-404
- Aggravated Sexual Assault Under Utah Code § 76-5-405
- Sexual Exploitation Of A Minor Under Utah Code § 76-5b-201
- Sexual Exploitation Of A Vulnerable Adult Under Utah Code § 76-5b-202
- Sodomy / Forcible Sodomy Under Utah Code § 76-5-403
- Consequences Of A Sexual Offense Conviction
- Utah Sex Crime Resources
Finding the Best Utah Sexual Offense Attorney
If you have been charged with a sex crime in Salt Lake City, Park City, Layton, Morgan, or any of the surrounding communities, contact Levitt Legal today. A conviction for a sex crime can have serious repercussions on your future. Make sure that you are using every tool at your disposal to combat the charges. Call (801) 828-2732 to discuss your best legal defense strategies with Darren M. Levitt.
Call Now To Schedule Your Consultation