Attorney Darren Levitt
Salt Lake City Criminal Defense Lawyer
Darren Levitt is a trial attorney and founder and manager of the law firm Levitt Legal, PLLC. Darren received his Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Science from the University of Colorado at Boulder, and his Juris Doctor from the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law. He was born in Washington D.C. and raised in nearby Maryland.
As an attorney, Darren works to protect, defend and uphold the freedom, liberty, property, and constitutional and unalienable rights of individuals. Darren has never been a prosecutor and his private practice has only ever helped Utah residents mount an aggressive and thorough defense against criminal (and administrative) investigations and charges. Darren's experience and practice encompasses cases in the full range of procedural postures -- from early in investigation through to post-conviction appeals and habeus relief.
Before studying and becoming licensed in law, Darren Levitt's professional pursuits saw him become an internationally-licensed professional ski instructor.
- 2011 – Owner/Manager, Levitt Legal PLLC
- 2009 – Owner/Manager Law Offices of Darren M. Levitt, PLLC - SLC, UT
- 2008 – Law Clerk for Edward W. McBride, PC - SLC, UT
- 2007 – Law Clerk for Law Offices of Scott N. Freeman, APLC - Reno, NV
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1999
- Juris Doctor, University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law, 2008
- State Courts of Utah
- Federal District Court for the District of Utah
- State Bar of Utah
- American Bar Association
- Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- NORML Legal Committee
Pro Bono Work
- Tuesday Night Bar
- Utah Legal Services – Family Law Clinic